Saturday, August 18, 2012

Introductions and Such...

I started working in a coffee house as a mere child of 14. It was just a summer job where I could spend my afternoons icing cinnamon buns and afford to buy the newest Blue Cult jeans. It ended up being a place where I met my best friend, a mother figure, my first love, learned the difference between coffee and espresso, and ultimately became convinced that caffeine is a drug that ruins one's social skills and steals their common sense. Ten years later I find myself in a weird transition period, after finishing graduate school, and have found myself back at this place making breakfast sandwiches once again. It finally struck me one morning as my co-worker was being accosted by some coffee deprived psycho that this is by far the strangest place I have ever worked. I have had a LONG string of crappy part time jobs: pizza shops,  Irish pubs, clothing stores, ice cream shops, even a hardware store, you name it, I've done it and hands down the coffee shop attracts the most hopeless and desperate individuals. This blog is being constructed to help illustrate the insanity that is being nourished and caffeinated in this small seasonal coffee shop off the coast of NJ.

1 comment:

  1. I just started a blog and wrote my intro and came across yours, I loved reading your introduction its very well written!

    ReplyDelete